Army of the Dead trailer - best yet

I enjoy movie trailers to the point that I'm upset when I don't get to the theater in time for the trailers at the start. This Army of the Dead trailer is the best one I've seen and is entertaining in its own right.


More than other trailers, Zack Snyder seems to have clearly communicated the story into the few minutes of the trailer so viewers know what to expect: Ocean's 11 meets I am Legend. The narrative seems to be this:

  • How the protagonist gets pulled into the story.
  • The assembling of the team.
  • The apparent ease of achieving their goal.
  • The change in fortune when the camera pans to show the mass of zombies. The music is timed to emphasize the this shift in fortune.
  • The subsequent anabasis as they fight their way out.
How good a job did Snyder do with the trailer? We'll tune in on 5/21 to find out.