AI and dyslexia

 What can't AI do? Check out an article by a successful tech entrepreneur who started out with dyslexia and found AI a useful tool.

Main point: "I think it was my dyslexia and my need to see things from a different angle that enabled me to be open to the rewards of AI. But this doesn’t mean that there aren’t risks."

More about it:

  • Tabitha Goldstaub's dyslexia "was the cause of me honing my greatest skill: learning to learn. Discovering more about different learning styles was a gamechanger – and where my love of artificial intelligence technology was born."
  • She is the "co-founder of CognitionX, a market intelligence platform for AI" and "was appointed by government ministers Matt Hancock and Greg Clark, to assemble a team of experts in AI to form a council responsible for supporting the government and its office for artificial intelligence."
  • Tabitha Goldstaub pays attention to the potential downside of AI because "We are hurtling towards AI, machine learning and robotics at breakneck speed and people are being left behind. This means a risk of job loss in an already struggling climate."

Takeaways:

  • AI may have made a difference, but Tabitha Goldstaub still seeks human support.
  • Tabitha Goldstaub is a proponent for Human in the Loop (HITL) to make sure a human is always in a position to make decisions.