Andrew Boz Bosworth Facebook Interview

Via Business Insider:

When he's not coding new features like News Feed, a once-controversial ticker of updates that's now the core of the social network, he's serving as the hardcore drill sergeant behind the appropriately named Bootcamp, Facebook's program to get new programmers up to speed.

But he has a generous, nurturing side, too: In his spare time, he advises entrepreneurs, like the founders of hyperlocal startup Spindle.

Andrew Boz Bosworth Facebook Interview - Business Insider

Points:

  • Advising start-ups: “…since I put Facebook first I end up being very selective about the companies I advise.”
  • “The biggest challenge small organizations face is choosing what to work on.”
  • “One thing we think a lot about at Facebook is not just hiring great engineers but also building a platform that enables engineers across the world to create great social products.”
  • “I think the biggest lesson I've learned is to get excited about ideas and not implementations.”
  • “I think people who are successful at building products are just very mindful as they go about their day.”

Ponder: A perspective on a career in tech.