Jump start your prayer life with prayers from the Bible

A way to pray by using Bible prayers. 

Example: Jabez prayer. 1 Chronicles 4:10 NASB. "Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!' And God granted him what he requested."

Make a table like this one, a row for each part of the prayer:


Bible prayer.
What it means to you.
Ongoing prayer concern.
Something you pray about on a recurring basis. What does the specific part of the Bible prayer mean for your ongoing prayer concern?
Immediate prayer concern.
Something you call upon God right away. What does the specific part of the Bible prayer mean for your immediate prayer concern?
God's responses.
How is God responding? How did God finally respond?
Bless me.




Enlarge my border.




Your hand might be with me.




You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me.